The steps of the stairs are a symbol of a person’s rising step by step, so I like to choose high-end and atmospheric stones to do the steps. Today, we will focus on the exchange of a comprehensive introduction to the steps of marble stairs, including the step price, size measurement, installation steps, and maintenance and renovation process. I hope we can help this person.
1. No deformation, high hardness, strong wear resistance.
2. Wear and corrosion resistance, high-temperature resistance, maintenance-free.
3. The physical property is stable, the organization is meticulous, the impacted grains fall off, and the surface does not have burrs, which does not affect its plane accuracy. The material is stable, which can ensure long-term deformation, a small linear expansion coefficient, high mechanical accuracy, rust prevention, anti-magnetism, and insulation!
Marble stair step size
The measurement method of stairs and the combination of stair components (treads, elevations).
1. Width of marble treads (excluding edges)=(total horizontal length of stairs+thickness of marble facade+mortar thickness of pasted facade) ÷ steps
It is worth noting that the width of each tread of the original poured stair shall be checked one by one after the ruler is obtained to prevent the marble tread from being too small to be installed. If the total length of the stairs has been limited, the treads of the original stair width must be reduced with an electric pick.
2. Elevation height of marble=(vertical distance from the second floor to the first floor – thickness of marble treads) ÷ steps
It is worth noting that the ground of the first and second floors refers to the decorated ground (or floor tile surface, floor surface, or cement mortar surface). Because the decorated ground is higher, it is unnecessary to check the height of the original stair elevation one by one.
Although the first step and platform change are also within the number of steps, they should be widened and lengthened according to the actual size. If the platform is too large, several symmetrical blocks can be divided. The rotating part is an arbitrarily long quadrilateral, and the radius, angle, and length of the quadrilateral should be set.
3. The length of the marble stair composite should be 40mm longer than the original stair, and the two ends should be 20mm longer than the original stair. Use the following process for the decoration.
Marble paving method for stair steps
Preparations → snapping lines → trial assembly → numbering → brushing cement mortar bonding layer → laying mortar → laying marble blocks → filling and wiping joints → waxing.
1. According to the elevation control line, the error of all steps of each stair flight shall be equally divided, and the setting out shall be marked on the wall as the standard for checking and controlling the elevation and location of the plate.
2. The materials of stair surface plates shall be selected first and stacked by color and pattern for standby. Before paving, they shall be soaked in water according to the material conditions, but the surface shall be dry when used.
3. Soil and floating ash of the base course. The ash shall be cleaned up. If local unevenness is found, it shall be chiseled before paving, and the concave shall be filled with 1:3 cement mortar.
4. Before paving, the facade and plane plates of each step shall be trial assembled and arranged according to the pattern, color, and mosaic texture, and then numbered and placed for standby.
5. The bonding layer is paved with semi-dry hard cement mortar, generally 1:3 cement mortar. Before paving, spray water to wet the base course, pave and plaster the mortar along with the application of plain cement slurry. After paving and plastering, use the scraper rod to scrape and compact, and use the trowel to compact. Generally, the paving and plastering sequence is to step on the facade first, then the facade, and then pave and plaster the stair railings and color bands near the wall.
6. The paving sequence of the material surface layer of the stair plate is generally from bottom to top step by step. The facade shall be pasted first, and then the plane shall be paved. The paving shall be done according to the number of the trial assembled and trial assembled plates.
7. Before paving, the plates shall be soaked in the wet and dried in the shade for standby. During paving, the four corners of the plates shall be placed on the paved semi-dry hard mortar layer at the same time. After a trial of paving is appropriate, turn over the plates and scrape a layer of plain cement slurry with a water-cement ratio of 0.5 on the back, and then gently align the plates with the original position for paving.
Knock the plate with a small wooden hammer or rubber hammer to make its four corners flat, and the butt joint and pattern meet the design requirements. The joints are required to be uniform and the color is consistent. The surface layer and the base surface are firmly combined. Wipe the residual slurry of the surface course and clean the seam in time. Curing shall be started after 12 hours of normal temperature paving and can be pointed or wiped after 3 days.
8. When the design requires pointing with white cement and other colored cementitious materials, white cement and pigment shall be used to prepare colored cement slurry with a color similar to that of the plate, and special tools shall be used for pointing and compaction until it is flat and smooth.
9. Wipe (tick) joints for 24h and cover them with clean and wet sawdust or spray water for curing for at least 7d.
10. Stair skirting board: the skirting line shall be made of blocks of the same type, specification, and color as the ground, and the vertical joint shall be aligned with the ground joint. When laying, a brick shall be laid at both ends of the internal corner of the room, with the same wall thickness and height, and the upper opening of the brick shall be used as the standard for hanging and laying.
When paving, the adhesive method shall be adopted. Turn the backside upwards. After fully plastering 1:2 cement mortar, it shall be immediately posted on the bottom mortar of the scraped cement paste. It shall be squeezed flat and compacted to make its upper mouth follow the line. The surplus mortar extruded from the brick surface shall be scraped away at any time to clean the brick surface. The block at the external corner should be joined at an angle of 45 °.
11. Winter construction: the temperature of raw materials and operating environment shall not be lower than+5 ℃, frozen sand shall not be used, and the plate surface shall not be frozen.
The daily maintenance of marble stairs is very simple and does not require special tools. At present, most of them use an advanced high-tech stone curing product, namely, a permeable protective agent.
The permeable protective agent is soluble in water and plays three roles in the protection of marble stairs, namely, cleaning and protecting the ground, removing possible moisture, and reducing cleaning times. Of course, if the marble stairs contain microcrystalline particles, it can also improve the brightness.
Dali stone is a very noble natural building material. Common cleaning agents can not only not achieve the effect, but also may leave a part of fluoride in the stone, thus damaging the stone. Therefore, no matter how often the marble stairs are maintained, you should pay attention to the selection of cleaning agents.
After using marble stairs for several years, although daily waxing operation is carried out, scratches and unevenness will still occur, so crystallization treatment shall be adopted for repair. Therefore, it is necessary to select a reasonable maintenance cycle for the stair stone and use the stair machine to cooperate with the polishing pad for crystallization treatment to maintain the brightness of the stair stone for a long time.
The construction process of stair step marble renovation
Construction machinery and supplies
Stone slitting machine, stone slitting piece, marble glue, stair stone refurbishing machine, marble grinding piece, stone crystal face agent (stone crystal hard powder), stone polishing pad.
1. Pointing and glue filling: use a professional stone joint cutting machine and a joint cutting piece to pick up the sediment in the stone gap of the stairs, clean it up and then add marble glue with a similar color. (This step is not required if the stair stone is laid on the whole surface)
2. Polishing: Use a stair stone refurbishing machine, and stick 3 4-inch marble grinding discs on the refurbished aluminum plate. The grinding discs are polished from small to large, from coarse to fine. (The scratch, weathering, and alkali returning parts on the stone surface shall be removed and smoothed)
3. Cleaning: Clean the stair stone until the stair surface is dry.
4. Crystal surface treatment: Pour a proper amount of stone crystal surface agent or crystal hard powder onto the stair stone, and use the needle plate of the stair stone renovation machine with the polishing pad or steel wool to polish the crystal surface until the brightness. Crystal surface treatment has hardening, polishing, brightening, and anti-skid functions.
5. Regular maintenance. Choose a reasonable maintenance cycle for the stair stone, and use the stair machine with a polishing pad for crystallization treatment to maintain the brightness of the stair stone for a long time.