Usually, the size of the washed stone is around 8mm, and there may be slight differences depending on the type. For example, the size of the washed stone made of agate is only about 6mm, while the size of the washed stone made of chicken blood stone may reach 9mm.
The construction process of washed stone:
1. Clean the road foundation;
2. Pour in water washed stone mixed with adhesive;
3. Spread evenly;
4. Crush the lumped stones evenly;
5. Fill in;
6. Evenly scrape the surface with a wooden ruler;
7. Road surface smoothing;
8. Use a water absorbing sponge to remove the adhesive on the road surface, so that the washed stone on the surface can be exposed;
9. Do not apply too much or too little force;
10. The artificially washed road surface, also known as terrazzo, is different from terrazzo.
1. Pay attention to the content of washed stones. If there is too little, the appearance will not be good. If there is too much, the bonding will not be strong. Taking the particle size of 3-5m as an example, it is advisable to have a content of 18-20kg per square meter;
2. The gravel and cement should be mixed evenly before adding water. Before laying, debris on the concrete cushion should be cleaned to avoid loose and cracked gravel that cannot be firmly adhered;
3. The interface between the washed stone surface layer and other paving materials can be connected using copper strips or PE partition strips to ensure the integrity of the washed stone edge line;
4. During paving, it is necessary to use a clapping board to repeatedly lightly pat and level the mixed slurry, ensuring that the mixture and base layer are fully bonded and the stones are evenly distributed. The outdoor construction temperature should not be lower than 4 ℃, which affects the bonding and solidification, and is easy to fall off;
5. When the surface layer is semi dry, clean the surface layer with a sponge in a timely manner and repair the stone particles;
6. Timely carry out finished product protection work, and after it is completely dry, it can be brushed with water-based resin to play a waterproof, stain resistant, and brightening role.
Common problems and prevention measures in the construction of washed stone floors:
1. Settlement fracture: The expansion joint is not set or set non-standard. Preventive measures: The expansion joints of the surface layer should be set corresponding to the base layer, and the distance should be controlled within 3M.
2. Uneven arrangement of stones: uneven mixing of materials or failure to meet the mix ratio requirements. Preventive measures: Strengthen material mixing and supplement stones appropriately before the initial setting of the raw materials after paving.
3. Inconsistent color of color blocks: The amount of pigment added is not uniform. Preventive measures: A dedicated person is responsible for managing, reserving color swatches, and strictly blending according to the color swatches.
4. Threshing: Selection of raw materials and excessive cleaning. Preventive measures: Strengthen the quality control of raw materials and choose stones with rounded particle sizes; When the cleaning intensity is not reached, control the cleaning time and do not over clean while ensuring quality.
5. Empty drum: The base layer is not treated thoroughly. Preventive measures: After cleaning, washing, and drying the base layer, carry out the construction of the surface layer; Brush cement slurry between the base and surface layers for treatment.
Application of water washed stone
Water washed stones can be decorated in various shapes and designed into various patterns, and are widely used in indoor decoration and outdoor landscape modeling. Some large areas of exterior wall decoration also use water washed stones, exuding a natural and simple feeling. This is a renovation combined with the fire passage, using washed stone to polish into a concave and convex terrain, creating a winding stream that can fully participate.
Colorful terrazzo slides and water washed stone water playing fields, with 3 to 4 different colored bone particles paired together, with a tendency towards color, but not abrupt to the environment. The architectural design is derived from the Gobi style, and in order to present the historical depth of the Yumen Pass site and the desolate background of the desert, the walls are made of washed stone, which perfectly interprets the regional characteristics of the building. The wall is made of terrazzo mixed with pebbles, while the ground material is washed stone mixed with gray stone particles. Although the colors are similar, the two have completely different texture textures.
The natural washed stone raw materials bring a natural atmosphere to the home, and the harmonious color combination gives a sense of tranquility. Water washed stone is popular among many landscape designers due to its unique expressiveness.