Many stone materials are still in good condition when they come out of the factory, but after they are paved, there are large areas of damage, cracks, and other phenomena. Many people spend a lot of money to install stone materials. As a result, this situation occurs and heavy losses occur. It is understood that this problem is very common in China, causing huge losses to many stone and decoration enterprises every year. So, where is the root of the problem?
Marble, the most common material in home decoration, is familiar to everyone. First of all, why does stone open and break? There are many reasons. It can’t be just the quality of the stone! The following are the three main causes of stone crushing:
● Natural defects of stone
It is not easy to have problems with granite pavement. The problem is usually marble. Some marbles have many natural defects, such as cracks, sand holes, looseness, sandwiches, etc. If these defects are not well repaired and remedied in advance, once they are laid on the ground and are subject to moisture and some harmful pollution, they will take the lead in causing lesions and damages in the defective parts and thus expand. This kind of stone is most likely to crack during paving, so special care should be taken during installation, and violent installation is not allowed.
① On the selection of ground marble materials, we should give Party A correct opinions according to the characteristics of stone materials. Soft stone materials such as wood grain stone, and stone materials with more cracks such as golden century beige, are not easy to be used as ground stones.
② Before the stone paving, the board surface shall be inspected, and the stone with hidden quality problems such as hidden cracks and sandwiches shall be removed.
③ During the construction of a large area of ground stone, it is better to leave a natural joint of 1~2mm between the plates, and not fully close the joints, so as to prevent the stone from bulging and cracking due to temperature difference, water, and gas pressure inside the stone in the future.
● The settlement and tearing of the ground foundation part lead to the cracking of the ground stone
Before paving marble, understand the ground structure form, and observe whether the structure is rigid and whether the cushion with cushion is hollow and cracked. When laying stones on expansion joints and settlement joints of buildings, the corresponding method must be selected according to the atlas. The construction must be disconnected. It is forbidden to lay stones directly without drawing. The main problem lies in the process of fixation and paving. This kind of problem is mainly concentrated in the ground stone or large plate windows.
Stone pavement is divided into three layers:
1. Bottom layer: cement and sand are mixed in 1:2 proportion in the leveling layer, and water is added until it is half dry. The standard is that the cement and sand will not form a ball by hand, but will become loose. Then spread it evenly on the ground.
2. Intermediate layer: bonding layer (1) Cement fixation method: add water to the cement, dilute it, and paint it on the back of the stone. With the adhesive force and reverse osmosis of cement, it is bonded with the cement mortar at the bottom to fix the stone.
(2) Fixing method of adhesive: use special stone adhesive or marble glue to bond and fix the stone.
3. The top layer is the stone. The stone is painted with cement or adhesive, struck with a rubber hammer, and fixed into shape.
● The external damage causes the ground stone to crack, including improper construction techniques and excessive pressure during use.
1. When workers lay stones with too much hammering force, they often use rubber hammers with too much force to shatter the stones in order to improve efficiency. If the rubber hammer is too big, it will also break the stone.
In addition, at present, many installers are limited to ceramic tiles and artificial marble. Such materials are synthetic and stronger than natural marble. If they still use the strength and technique of tiling or artificial stone to operate, they are most likely to break and fracture the stone! The rubber hammer should be of proper size and not too strong
2. Knock with a hammer handle, etc
To knock when fixing. The stress point is small and there is no shock absorption, so it is easy to cause stone breakage. Tiles are divine tools and stones are afraid
3. Those who use a hammer to strike even more are not satisfied with the rubber hammer, so they simply use a hammer to destroy the stone even more. The hammer is too violent for the stone.
4. There are two indicators for heavy rolling stones on the construction site: compression strength and bending strength. If the pressure is exceeded, the stone will be broken. Therefore, the mechanical and heavy rolling at the construction site will also cause large area crushing of stone materials.
When paving a stone, a rubber hammer shall be used to knock the stone, with appropriate knocking force, easy to knock with light force, and scattered knocking. The marble floor during use will also crack due to the pressure exceeding the load, which should be prohibited. It should be explained when preparing the instructions for use at the completion stage of the project.
● When the stone is cracked and broken, the consequences will be more serious if it is not handled in time!
1. Concealed crack → open crack → fracture → fracture
Many stone materials, such as Shaannah beige, will cause a lot of dark cracks even if they are not broken if they are paved incorrectly. Dark fission, open fission, and fracture will eventually result in stone breakage. The problem will get worse and worse.
2. Follow-up questions
(1) The open crack and dark crack of the stone with water return, dirt and dirt will cause water return, forming a large number of black cracks, and become very ugly. With such a small gap, professional stone care enterprises, it is difficult to completely deal with clean.
Cracks will form channels at the bottom and surface of the stone. The surface water will seep down, and the alkaline substances in the bottom cement will precipitate upward to form re-alkali. This kind of re-alkali is difficult to cure
Problems in stone decoration are inevitable, both internal and external factors exist, so what should be done is to try to avoid problems and make the stone decoration perfect!