When it comes to stone layout, it is a very important link in the construction process of stone finishes, directly related to the landing performance of stone finishes. But many designers are not familiar with it and feel that this drawing has nothing to do with us. They can directly submit it to the manufacturer for deepening, and we don’t need to do it ourselves. In fact, for an Interior designer, it is a skill that we must know when we are on site.
If the project requires us to be stationed on-site, we need to arrange the stone veneer according to the actual scale and design plan on-site, so as to facilitate the later manufacturer to number the stones and guide on-site workers in stone installation. How should we create a stone layout diagram? Many people will feel that the presentation should be based on the renderings. Actually not, renderings are not equivalent to stone layout plans. The floor plan is only a representation of the preliminary plan and has not been further deepened. If we want the design to be highly reproducible, we need further deepening work. Next, this article will start with the relevant knowledge of stone layout and solve the following problems for you:
1.What are the techniques and methods for stone layout?
2. Stone layout steps and acceptance precautions？
3. How are stone materials with patterns arranged and spliced?
What are the skills and methods for stone layout?
01. Equalization method
The so-called averaging method refers to the average segmentation in an effective space, which can be understood using the following block.
The layout method of the equal division method is generally used in symmetrical patterns and situations with low yield. It can be mainly divided into two types of layout methods:
a. Equal length and width compared to the same period last year: Use the method of equal length and width to evenly divide the ground stone.
b. Unequal length and width compared to the same period last year: The length and width dimensions of the divided stone materials are different, and the entire space is divided using the same proportion.
02. Square layout method
The square layout method is the same as the equal division method, and can also be divided into two types of layout methods:
a. Square symmetrical layout
Square symmetrical layout refers to the symmetrical distribution of square panels in an effective space, which is similar to the concept of the equal division method and directly covers the entire floor. One problem encountered during the use of this method is that after we fully lay it, a small excess part will appear on the right side, which is not enough for the length of a brick. So when we use this method to arrange, it is important to note that the outer circle of the layout should not be less than half of the normal layout. If it is less than half of the normal layout, we need to pan it before proceeding with the layout.
b. Layout in one direction:
The difference between the second method and the first method is that it arranges square panels from one side of space in the same direction. Instead of evenly dividing the dimensions on both sides in a symmetrical manner. We need to note that if we lay out until the size of the last board is less than 1/3 of the normal layout, we should merge the sizes of the last two boards.
2. Stone layout steps and acceptance precautions
Four major steps in stone layout
Strip light board layout
According to the sample provided by the customer, material selection and processing are carried out, and then the strip light boards are arranged and colored one by one. If there is a slight difference in color, it is used at the secondary facade, corner, or high floor of the axis position.
But the colors should be basically consistent, with a natural transition, and no overall color difference can be seen. According to the processing dimensions in the plan and list, write the dimensions of each part on the side of the product one by one, and indicate the position, axis position, box number, and place them on a rack, and so on. Bridge-cut products can be processed according to planned dimensions, which can save time and improve efficiency.
Reasonable layout of the board
1. Based on the samples provided by the customer, select the materials and process them with a large saw. Calculate how many cubic meters of waste material is needed to produce how many square meters of large boards. Then, the plates polished by the automatic grinder will be divided into frames according to color, and a detailed quality schedule will be filled out, which will be transferred to bridge cutting for the next process to prepare or purchase large plates in advance.
2. The butcher timely and accurately calculates the material plan based on the drawing list and detailed layout plan. Firstly, it is necessary to ensure that the color of the main facade is consistent with the sample, and then adjust according to each axis facade, area, and floor. Use slightly changed ones in unimportant areas. However, the color of the whole facade should be transitional and natural, and no Color difference can be seen. The size of each large plate should be calculated to cut several large pieces and the size of each small piece should be calculated to ensure the matching of large and small products.
3. The bridge-cutting machine operator should strictly follow the batching plan of the batcher for processing, and if there are more material-saving methods, priority can be given to adopting them. Pay special attention to products with patterns, pay attention to the direction of the patterns, and products with tracing patterns must be smoothly connected and numbered on the side of the product, indicating the direction of the arrow.