The stone staircase steps have a small area, special location, and there is no good space for personnel and machinery to perform, making them a more troublesome place to maintain. What are the maintenance requirements for this location and what are the issues to pay attention to? Let’s share some tips.
01. Special nursing goals
Stair maintenance, cleanliness and tidiness are the top priority, rather than deliberately pursuing high glossiness. On the one hand, this is determined by the operating environment of the stairs, as the narrow environment and various lines cannot be well utilized by workers and machinery; On the other hand, there is a unique psychological factor at work in the use of stairs: in places with large drops, the high glossiness of the stone surface can give people an sense of insecurity.
02. Anti slip technology of stairs and the problems it brings
Stairs are generally made with processes such as card slots to prevent slipping. There are generally the following types:
1. Inlaid copper strip
2. Opening anti slip groove
3. Using singeing surface
4. Using anti slip stickers
These anti slip techniques can easily make the surface of the stone accumulate dirt and dirt, which is also one of the headache problems when maintaining the stairs. How to keep it clean and tidy? We will provide some suggestions later.
03. Several Techniques for Stair Care
Due to the characteristics of stair steps, special attention should be paid to several key points such as anti slip and anti fouling during maintenance. Here are a few key points and tips to share:
1. When choosing equipment for maintenance of staircase stones, it is necessary to have professional machinery, which is collectively referred to as staircase crystal surface machinery. But in practical use, this type of machinery has certain problems. On the one hand, the staircase crane is relatively heavy and can easily collide with the fenders and columns on both sides during operation. And these places are often the most distinctive and decorative places for stairs. For example, exquisite columns are prone to damage, and the wood, glass, and stone baffles on both sides are also prone to damage. On the other hand, the staircase machine can only handle the surface of the board, while the facade and lines cannot be processed. Therefore, we recommend using a portable polishing machine for processing, which is lightweight and easy for workers to control; Secondly, it can also handle lines and facades.
2. The selection of maintenance materials for staircase crystallization maintenance must consider anti slip. Do not use materials with high wax content. After maintenance, the stone will become very slippery and dangerous when used on stairs. It is recommended to use high-density maintenance materials, such as crystal paste sealing technology, which has a high-density silicon dioxide component and a protective layer formed on the surface, which is anti fouling, anti slip, and super durable. In frequently used areas such as stairs, it is the best material.
At the same time, the bottom light of the staircase stone should not be required to be too high during maintenance. Simply clean the surface to a clean and dry state, and then directly maintain it on top to prevent people from feeling unsafe due to the high light.
3. The protection of stairs must be done properly. The reason why the protection of stair stones is important is because the environment of the stairs is narrow and various anti slip treatments can easily hide dirt and dirt. By providing sufficient protection and using anti fouling treatment if possible, it is easy to clean and maintain its decorative and functional properties for a long time.
4. The focus on the handrail side is that due to people’s habit of supporting the handrail up and down, the staircase near the handrail is the most heavily used. Various problems such as scratches, wear, and fractures generally occur on this side. Therefore, maintenance should focus on this side. During maintenance, multiple rounds of crystallization or sealing can be done on this side, which can to some extent offset the stone consumption caused by heavy use. Do more work in the armrest area.
04. Tips for staircases anti fouling
We can also use the following techniques to handle the anti slip treatment process on stair steps:
1. For rough stone: If rough stone is used for stair steps, the unevenness of the surface is prone to dirt and dirt accumulation, and it is difficult to clean. By using a brush to seal the stone into a film type protective agent and applying it to the surface of the stone, it can not only achieve anti fouling and waterproof effects; It can also fill the unevenness of the rough surface, greatly reducing the difficulty of subsequent cleaning.
2. For non slip grooves on stairs: Non slip grooves are the easiest place to hide dirt and dirt, and are not easy to clean. The best solution is to use a surface sealing film type protective agent, such as mercerizing sealant, to fill the groove, which will have a better effect.
Step 1: Clean the groove thoroughly.
Step 2: First separate the groove area with masking paper.
Step 3: Use a bristle brush to apply the mercerizing sealant to the groove in a sufficient amount, and wait for the protective agent to dry and solidify. The advantage of mercerized sealant is that it has strong anti fouling and anti slip functions, and the treated anti slip groove can be clearly presented, giving people sufficient psychological security.
In this issue, we shared some maintenance tips for staircase stones, hoping to be helpful to everyone. Stone care is a highly practical technique. Only with rich experience can we systematically solve comprehensive stone problems.