We often receive orders from customers that require stone to be protected on six sides. Those who understand stone protection know that the so-called six-side protection is actually done on five sides, but the bottom is not, or the bottom is protected by water. How many ways are there to do the six-side protective bottom of stone? This article will take you to discuss
1. The bottom is not protected
The granite with a low water absorption rate and the marble bottom with few cracks and a low water absorption rate can not be protected, as long as the front protection is well done, the protective effect can be achieved. However, this practice is also based on the premise that the thickness of stone cannot be less than 18mm, and the thicker the thickness (>20mm) is, the lower surface of the stone can not be protected. When the thickness of the stone is too thin and the cement mortar is too thin, the cement mortar may rise to the surface of the stone. Therefore, for the stone without protection on the bottom surface, the stone installation and construction personnel should pay attention to the allocation of mortar. The water should not be too much. It is better to grasp the stone by hand and the mortar should be scattered naturally.
2. Method of water-based protective agent
In fact, the water-based protective effect of the bottom surface is not significant, because the weak alkali property of cement has a greater killing power on the water-based protective agent. The author does not advocate that the six-side protective bottom should be used as a water-based protective agent, because the cement will damage the performance of the water-based protective agent, and the effect is not great. Do not waste human and material resources in such a futile way.
3. Method of special protective agent for the bottom surface
Some domestic protective agent manufacturers have produced a special bottom protective agent, which is better than a water-based protective agent for bottom protection, does not affect the adhesion between the bottom and mortar, and has a good protective effect on stone.
4. Bottom interface agent method
The interfacial agent is used to treat the surface of an object. The treatment can be the adsorption or coating of physical action, but also the physical and chemical action.
Interfacial agent characteristics:
(1) Two-way penetration bonding produces a radioactive chain anchoring effect to firmly bond two-way materials together.
(2) It has high softness and tenacity, good freeze-thaw resistance, water resistance, and aging resistance. The product is tasteless, pollution-free, and green.
(3) Acid and alkaline resistance and weather resistance, good adaptability and affinity with acid and alkaline materials.
(4) It can be constructed and hardened in a humid environment, and the construction is simple and fast.
5. Bottom interface agent+sand
Bottom interface agent+sand is a joint method of spraying a layer of sand on the interface agent after brushing the interface agent on the bottom of the stone to increase the adhesion between the interface agent and mortar.
6. Waterproof back glue method
Stone waterproof backing is a two-component product made of aquatic macromolecular polymer and a variety of inorganic silicate gel materials. It has good waterproof performance, small drying shrinkage, toughness, and strong bonding force with cement-based materials. It can avoid problems such as easy shelling, falling off, and white on the surface of stone after wet paste construction.
Stone waterproof adhesive has the following characteristics:
1) The back of the stone is a protective material with small hardening shrinkage and toughness.
2) Lasting adhesion without delamination.
3) It is well bonded with cement mortar, and there is no need to shovel the mesh during construction, so as to reduce the trouble of marble shovel back mesh and the damage of stone shovel mesh.
4) Waterproof and impermeable, effectively preventing water spots, white tiles, and other stone diseases.
5) Effectively solve the problem of hollowing in stone paving.
6) Increase the strength of marble, especially the strength of cracked marble, and reduce the damage of cracked marble on the construction site.
Use of stone waterproof adhesive
1) Stone materials and large-sized wall and floor tiles used for wet pasting construction can improve the bonding strength and waterproof performance of the bonding surface.
2) It is used to paste the reinforced back net of marble. The back net layer does not need to be removed, so as to improve the bonding strength and waterproof performance. Due to the wide variety and uneven quality of the glue, it should be used carefully in a watery environment (such as the toilet).
7. Sand lifting method
The sand lifting method is to sprinkle a layer of quartz sand on the back of the stone so that the quartz sand and epoxy resin glue can attach to the back of the stone, which not only increases the strength of the stone but also helps to avoid the scraping of the net during the construction of the stone. After construction, it is firmly combined with cement, which does not produce hollowing, and also has a certain waterproof and protective effect.
Effect of sand lifting:
(1) The back mesh layer does not need to be removed after sand lifting, which improves the bonding strength and waterproof performance with cement.
The roughness of the back of the stone after sand lifting is increased, and it is well compatible with the cement-based binder, which greatly improves the bonding strength between the cement-based bonding material and the stone, and the stone will not fall off or become hollow.
(2) Increase stone thickness
At present, the stone thickness on the stone market is mostly less than 18mm, and the lack of thickness affects the strength of the stone. Sand lifting can increase the thickness of the stone, and also increase strength of the stone, reducing the damage caused by knocking and handling during construction. The sand lifting method is troublesome and costly.
For the seven methods of stone six side protection and bottom protection, you can choose the most suitable method according to the specific nature, thickness, and installation site of the stone, to ensure that the stone will not be diseased during installation and use and maintain a good face value.