When discussing stone care with others, I always pay special attention to two keywords: “stone crystal surface” and “stone mirror surface”. Some people often confuse crystal surfaces with mirror surfaces. However, for someone who is studying stone care, the two words need to be distinguished. So what is the difference between the two?
Firstly, a literal understanding can clearly distinguish the difference between the two
Crystal: A crystal designed to form substances from a liquid or gaseous state. Mirror: An instrument used to reflect images.
From a professional perspective, there is also a substantial difference between crystal and mirror surfaces
Stone crystal surface: It is a chemical reaction that forms a hard and dense crystal layer on the surface of the stone through chemical and physical reactions between the agent and the stone, making the stone less susceptible to damage. It can also be understood as crystal hard. After cooling the hot saturated solution, the solution precipitates in the form of crystals, forming crystals; Crystallization, also known as crystal planes, can be formed by calcification of marble and silicification of granite;
Stone mirror surface: It is only a general term for all stone effects, and the surface formed by waxing on the floor to create an image of the object can also be called a mirror surface.
At present, the most ideal maintenance method for marble-crystal surface treatment.
It does not alter the structure of the stone, so it does not alter the texture of the original stone. After crystal surface treatment, the molecules on the stone surface become denser, and the luster and brightness are significantly improved, making the stone surface brighter and more noble. The principle of crystal surface treatment is to use a crystal surface treatment agent (crystal hard powder) combined with a heavy crystal surface machine to friction the stone surface. Under the dual effects of chemistry and physics, a hard and dense crystal hard crystal layer is formed on the surface of the ground, making the stone surface less susceptible to damage and stains, thus ensuring the essential characteristics of the stone material.
Marble crystal surface treatment
1. Marble mirror tools: multifunctional cleaning machine, red cleaning pad, water suction vacuum cleaner, white polishing pad, and other auxiliary mechanical equipment.
2. Agents used: K2, K3 crystal powder, stone maintenance agent, neutral cleaner.
3. Specific steps: Use a multi-functional floor cleaning machine with a red cleaning pad to evenly sprinkle marble crystal powder and an equal amount of water on the ground for grinding. The brush should be polished horizontally, about 12-16 times back and forth. The greater the mechanical torque during operation, the better the effect. After grinding, replace it with a natural fiber pad and spray a small amount of “stone maintenance agent” to re-polish, which can increase the hardness and glossiness of the marble crystal surface. The marble surface treated with crystal surface is smooth as new, and the glossiness can reach 80 degrees.
4. Attention: Regularly remove dust every day to keep the stone surface clean. Do not use black wax pads for polishing during operation. When cleaning, do not use a floor brush, but use a red or white cleaning pad. The hardness of the floor brush is high, which can easily wear the ground and cause poor ground smoothness.
Crystal Surface Treatment of Granite
1. Use tools: multi-function cleaning machine, stainless steel cotton pad, polishing machine, water Vacuum cleaner, and other auxiliary equipment.
2. Medication used: Stone crystal hard powder and stone maintenance agent.
3. Specific steps: First, mix the crystal hard powder and stone maintenance agent in proportion and apply them evenly on the ground. Then, use a polishing machine with a stainless steel cotton pad to polish until the mixture is dry and solid. Using granite crystal powder and crystal agent combined with a crystal surface polishing machine for polishing, the stone and crystal powder undergo a comprehensive physical and chemical reaction under high temperatures under grinding pressure, forming a dense and hard crystal protective layer.
After crystallization, it can enhance color and brightness, and also achieve anti-slip, waterproof, and oil-resistant effects. The optimal range for each hard crystal treatment should not exceed 2 square meters. During the polishing process, it is necessary to regularly check whether the stainless steel sponge pad is filled with an excessive mixture. If it is full, it should be replaced immediately. The surface of granite treated with crystal surface is smooth as new, and its glossiness can reach over 70 degrees.
4. Attention: Regularly remove dust every day to keep the stone surface clean. Remember to clean and organize the tools after each work is completed, and the cleaning pads and stainless steel cotton pads should be kept clean regularly to ensure the efficiency of the work.