With the increasing awareness of environmental protection, the mining and processing of natural stones are limited, and all kinds of man-made decorative materials begin to enter people’s life. Artificial stone has bright colors and rich types and has occupied an extremely important market position in China. In people’s cognition, natural stone is delicate and difficult to take care of, while artificial stone should be relatively simple and not easy to cause problems. In this article, let’s talk about the related knowledge of artificial stone.
● What is the artificial stone?
Generally, artificial stone solid surface material, artificial stone quartz stone, and artificial stone granite are called artificial stone. Different types of artificial stones have different compositions; The main ingredients are resin, aluminum powder, marble powder, calcite, pigment, and curing agent. It is a practical building material using polymer. Its manufacturing process is the development of chemical material reaction process. Its principle is to fuse various materials through a chemical reaction. Artificial stone is a practical scientific material produced with the progress of human social science and technology. Common man-made stones include man-made quartz stone, man-made granite, terrazzo, etc.
● What are the characteristics of artificial stones?
Artificial stone has both the natural texture and solid texture of marble and the smooth and delicate texture of ceramics. It also has the ease of processing and the richness of patterns. As a renewable material, it can give full play to endless creativity in a limited space.
As a new generation of decorative material products, artificial stone has outstanding performance in all aspects, such as non-toxic, radioactive, flame retardant, nonstick oil, nonpollution, antibacterial and anti-mildew, wear resistance, impact resistance, easy maintenance, seamless splicing, changeable shapes, etc. these advantages can be said to be completely superior to other types of materials.
5 characteristics of artificial stone:
a. Artificial stone has rich colors, rich patterns, and solid colors, such as white, yellow, black, red, etc. There is also hemp color, that is, adding particles of different colors and sizes based on the net color board. There are many kinds, so we have a lot of choices.
b. The artificial stone material has been screened to be free of radioactive substances and radioactive pollution.
c. The hardness and toughness are moderate, and the impact resistance is better than that of natural stone.
d. Convenient processing and manufacturing: the hardness and toughness of artificial stone have been adjusted to a certain range and can be processed like hardwood. Generally, the tools and mechanical equipment used in the production of wood can be used for the processing of artificial stone. Special glue can be used. All kinds of worktops can be polished after bonding, which can be “seamless”, bent and processed into various shapes, This is unmatched by natural stone, which is also a big move to win over other materials.
e. Compact structure, clean and sanitary. The structure of the artificial stone is dense, without micropores, liquid substances can not penetrate, and bacteria can not grow in it.
● What are the classifications of artificial stones?
Artificial stone is a polymer material. It is usually made of unsaturated resin and aluminum hydroxide filler. It is generally called resin board artificial stone. The artificial stone with methyl methacrylate (MMA) as the main material is also called acrylic stone. According to different production processes, it can be divided into polyester type, composite type, silicate type, and sintering type.
It is divided into acrylic stone, synthetic stone, microcrystalline stone, terrazzo, etc. by product name:
1. Acrylic stone: a chemical resin synthetic material, clean, mostly used for kitchen countertops, easy to form, good waterproof, and no color difference.
2. Synthetic stone: made of marble powder and resin, with strong texture.
3. Microcrystalline stone: its main composition is similar to glass products. It is clean in name, magnificent in color, and hard in texture. It is mainly used for laying the ground, but it is hard in texture, difficult to reprocess, and high in price.
4. Terrazzo: it is a product that mixes gravel, glass, quartz, and other aggregates with cement binder to make concrete products, and then grinds and polishes the surface. We will explain the terrazzo in detail later.
● What are the design points of artificial stones?
Artificial stone has excellent acid-base resistance, easy cleaning, no gap, and no place for bacteria to hide. It is widely used in tabletop, ground, and special-shaped spaces. It is not fragile and easy to maintain. It can be polished after use for some time to keep it as bright as new. In all kinds of commercial and entertainment places, if artificial stones are selected, the design effect will be endless.
● What are the main differences between artificial stone and natural marble?
1. Different ingredients: the main ingredients of artificial stone are resin, aluminum powder, pigment, and curing agent. Natural stone is mainly divided into two kinds in daily use: marble and granite. Under normal circumstances, those with rich and fine surface texture are called marble, and those with spot texture are called granite.
2. Different durability: man-made stone is wear-resistant, impact-resistant, easy to maintain, seamless splicing, and changeable shape. Natural stone has high hardness; High density; Wear resistance but insufficient elasticity. Cracks will occur in case of a heavy blow. Generally speaking, artificial stone is more durable than natural stone.
3. Seamless connection is different: natural stone is heavier; When the two pieces are butted, the gap is large and the connection is difficult, so it is impossible to make seamless splicing; Artificial stone seamless splicing and changeable shape.
4. The maintenance difficulty is different: the permeability of natural stone is also high, and the stains are difficult to clean; Artificial stone is non-toxic, radioactive, flame retardant, nonoil stick, nonpollution seepage, antibacterial, and mildew proof.
Artificial stone has its unique performance advantages and will be more and more widely used in the future. However, as a new material, its defects are also obvious. We can’t completely find out what problems are hidden in the application. All this needs to be tested by time. Well, this article will be written here first. For more information, please follow my email firstname.lastname@example.org.