Whether in parks or some large squares, we will always see many strange fountain pools, most of which are made of stone. Then in this article, we will tell the story of the stone fountain.
● Introduction to fountain
The sculpture materials of the fountain are generally divided into landscape sculpture materials and practical sculpture materials. Most landscape sculpture materials are used for small fountain sculptures, and the practical materials are basically universal.
Landscape fountain materials include artificial sandstone, artificial stone, Yuhua stone, pebbles, iron, resin, glass, FRP, acrylic, and other materials. Because these materials have their unique attractions, people will choose to add sculptures made of these materials to the fountain.
Most of the practical fountain is the main structure of the fountain, which has very high requirements in terms of wind and rain resistance, durability, anti-corrosion, rust prevention, and waterproof. Therefore, we often choose stone, copper, wood, glass, ceramics, and other materials often used in infrastructure construction.
There are many strange decorations in the fountain, so it is very important to choose the appropriate landscape sculpture materials, in addition to the needs of the environment, the foil of the cultural atmosphere, and so on.
● The stone fountain sculpture has roughly five water effects
Overlapping water feature, falling water feature, running water feature, spraying water feature, and spitting water feature. Generally speaking, a water bowl contains one or more water effects. The more water effects, the more beautiful and spectacular the scenery will be. Of course, the designer needs to make a reasonable design for the flow direction of water, otherwise, there will be a risk of being too late. Let’s introduce these five water effects in detail.
1. Superimposed water feature: we don’t see many superimposed water features in fact, because the superimposed water potential must require a very strong water flow, with the effect of an upper and lower opening and water outlet at the same time. The way to create this waterscape is that there are two upper and lower outlets along with the water bowl. The water flow in the lower layer and the water flow in the upper layer are stacked together, resulting in the visual feeling of diversion and collection.
2. Falling water bowls: most of this carving method is that the whole water bowl has fewer openings and the water flows together to fall.
3. Water features: generally, water features have high requirements for the edge of the water bowl, either lotus leaf ripple, neat and uniform water groove, or flat stone edge.
4. Spray water features: generally, multi-nozzle and single nozzle are used to spray water high or far.
5. Spitting water feature: This is usually the way of opening holes at the bottom or side of the water bowl, which makes people feel a feeling of spitting water.
● Stone fountain landscape sculpture decoration modeling
Although the shapes of the landscape sculpture ornaments of the fountain are different, they mainly have several characteristics. According to different landscape sculptures, we can be divided into several shapes, “Zheng”, “Qi”, “Fu”, “emptiness”, and so on.
1. “ “Zheng”, literally, we understand that all the more upright, just, and positive things can be carved. Of course, “Zheng” also includes squareness, regularity, and correctness. For example, how the stone elephant is traditionally carved is still how to carve, Yuanbao. This historical original shape is the most correct expression.
2. “ Literally, we can know that most of these forms are some crafts with strange shapes, strange shapes, and wonderful styles. These strange sculpture landscape ornaments also promote people’s continuous development.
3. “ “Fu”, which is a carving method with Chinese characteristics. Fu represents blessing, peace, and harmony. Therefore, carving magpies, red lanterns, Chinese knots, and so on are all festive expressions.
4. “ “Emptiness”, which is a form of expression of virtual characters and images, mainly the modeling of angels, Buddha, Guanyin, and other beliefs.
● Classification of stone fountain landscape sculpture
Fountain landscape sculpture ornaments are generally distinguished according to form, which can be roughly divided into animal form ornaments, plant form ornaments, character form ornaments, and still life form ornaments.
1. There are many ornaments in animal form, so we continue to distinguish them into aquatic animal ornaments, bird animal ornaments, and land animal ornaments, while aquatic animal ornaments are divided into marine animal ornaments, amphibian ornaments, and river animal ornaments. Animal ornaments on land are divided into poultry ornaments, wild animal ornaments, and so on. Basically, the fountain sculpture covers all animals, even small animals, which can be processed and enlarged by stone carving, such as ants, bees, and so on.
2. The ornaments in plant form basically cover all trees, flowers, and plants, but generally, we don’t carve trees. Most of them appear by carving flowers and plants.
3. For the ornaments of character form, it is necessary to determine whether they are Oriental characters or Western characters. Whether they are Oriental characters or Western characters, they need to continue to be divided into gods and mortals, and then mortals can continue to be divided into men, women, old and young, etc.
4. Still life sculptures are very wonderful. Generally, we can divide it into practical still-life sculpture and ornamental sculpture, such as a vase, basin, broom, Chinese knot, jade Ruyi and so on.
● Notes on matching elements of fountain landscape sculpture
The landscape sculpture of the fountain is different from other ornaments. The required elements are relatively simple. All elements are processed and carved around the theme of mountain and water, and most of these elements have traces to follow and have very common laws.
The main design elements include the addition of Chinese elements, European elements, simple natural wind elements, and an antique element. For these elements, we must pay attention to the following aspects when matching.
First: highlight the highlights. We must make it clear that the core shop is still the waterscape of the stone carving fountain. In fact, it is the water bowl. Again, it is the subsidiary landscape next to it. If the stone carving fountain is made very ordinary, and then the sculpture landscape ornaments are made very exquisite, it is easy to cause this situation and make the waterscape lose its attractions, so that the design becomes a complete failure.
Second: the size of the sculpture landscape ornaments must be small and not greater than or higher than the maximum height of the fountain. This design is based on the consideration of a line of sight. When designing the sculpture, it must be clear that the fountain landscape cannot be blocked. Even if it is blocked, it is outside the pool, and the carved stone carvings that block the fountain cannot be designed inside the pool.
Well, that’s all for the story. If you want to know more about the stone fountain, please email me at email@example.com.