Because stone is a large and heavy product, special attention should be paid in the process of packaging, transportation, and storage, and professional equipment must be used for operation. In this article, we will discuss how to package, transport, and store stones effectively
The packing methods of stone materials should also be divided into the following situations, as follows:
1. Engineering board packing
● Wooden box made of wood board, square, and other materials conforming to the standard. In principle, the products of the same or similar specifications shall be packed together, and a load of each wooden case shall not exceed 1.5 metric tons. In special cases, the products can be packed according to the requirements of customers.
● Only the products that pass the final inspection by the quality inspection department can be packaged, and they should be handled with care during the packaging process to ensure that the surface of the products is complete and there is no damage around them.
● Before packing, the wooden case should be placed stably or slightly tilted back to make the specification board lean steadily and avoid overturning.
● When packing, the plates of the same or similar specifications shall be placed together, and the plates face to face and bottom to bottom, to reduce the friction between the plates during transportation.
● During the packaging, the plates should be close to each other without any gap or looseness; Place styrofoam around the wooden box. For the multi-layer packaging of the board, each layer needs to be placed between the board and styrofoam. As for the small board multi-row packaging board, between each row to use wood isolation.
● Before each sealing, the type, specification, and quantity of the engineering board in the box shall be counted, and the label shall be written on the side of the wooden box.
2. Large board and wooden frame packaging
● The wooden frame for packing large plates is made of composite standard wood square, wood board, and other materials. Two wooden frames are used for each bundle of large plates, and the width of the inner frame of the wooden frame is determined according to the total thickness of the large plates packed.
● Lift the large board, insert the supporting wooden frame from both ends, and check the gap between the wooden frame and the board to ensure that the wooden frame and the board are closely matched without loosening.
● Set the wooden frame upright and put down the board; Cover the top of the board with film to prevent pollution. Then fix it with iron wire or wooden frame to make the wooden frame clamp the plate from top to bottom.
● Before the reinforcement of the wooden frame, the product variety, specification and quantity shall be accurately counted, and a label shall be made and pasted on the side of the wooden frame.
● The weight of each bundle of the large plate shall not exceed 4 tons.
3. Operation process of handicraft packaging
● The packaging box is made of standard materials. Straight-shaped products can be ordered according to the size listed in the processing list; When the bending element or other special-shaped products are processed into semi-finished products, the actual dimensions are measured on-site and made into suitable wooden cases. In principle, products of the same or similar specifications shall be placed in the same wooden case, and the weight of each case shall not exceed 1.5 metric tons. The packing box must be firm and safe, and the engineering order number, material, specification, quantity, and precautions must be marked on the box.
● The products must pass the final inspection of the quality control department before packing
● Before packaging, the wooden case should be placed stably, and the arc plate and other products should be tilted back slightly to ensure the smooth packaging of products; Foam rubber should be pre-padded on the bottom and around.
● The finished products should be handled with care, and each handicraft must be separated by foam glue to avoid scratch, edge, and corner collapse.
● The product in the packing box must be stable without looseness. The gap should be separated with wood or filled with foam to prevent vibration during transportation or lifting.
● Before sealing, the material, variety, specification, and quantity in the wooden box shall be counted clearly, and two labels shall be filled in and pasted on the upper left corner of the side of the wooden box.
● The heavy-duty products should be hoisted by soft rope instead of steel wire.
Loading and transportation method of stone: forklift is a common way, and the following rules shall be observed:
● For transporting large-size slats, a hard wooden square can be used to firmly nail the frame, while slats can be bound with wooden strips and iron turns. Special shaped products and handicrafts need to be packed in cartons and wooden cases, and the sharp corners should be properly protected. It is strictly forbidden to use colored plastic or straw rope to bind all white and easily polluted stones. During loading, unloading, and handling, the plates shall be erected, not transported horizontally.
● When the vehicle carrying stones is full of goods, the truck should run slowly to reduce accidents.
● Load the goods according to the product specifications, first put the rough plate and thick plate forward or on the bottom layer; The finished product or sheet is placed on the top or back. Each layer should be separated by wooden strips to reduce collision or wear corners. People and goods must be carried separately. It is strictly forbidden for workers to take vehicles carrying stones.
● Pay attention to handle with care and avoid collision when handling. When placing upright, the back edge must be on the ground first. For the stone products loaded in wooden cases, when loading and unloading with lifting equipment, it is better to lift one case each time.
● Special shaped products such as column head, column base, column waist, or flower thread shall be properly covered during transportation, and the products shall not be rolled or collided.
● The plates over 1.8m high shall be carried in open-top containers to facilitate loading and unloading. The plate which is too large or fragile should be reinforced with a mesh bottom to prevent fragmentation.
● If it is loaded in containers, 20-foot containers are generally the most appropriate. Due to the high quality of the stone, if it is loaded in 40-foot containers, it is bound to exceed the upper limit of the load capacity of the containers.
In particular, when the stone is safely transported to the project site, the forklift must be used to transport the plate to the designated location. I think this work is very important, and the following points should be followed:
● The unloading site should be close to the construction site of the project, and the site should be flat. It is better not to mix with construction waste
● Immediately after unloading, open the box to inspect the goods, check the damage of the plate, and submit the plate receiving sheet signed and confirmed by the staff of both parties. If there is any damage, keep the damaged materials and take photos to ensure that there is no obvious color difference in the later replenishment.
● If the boards can not be unpacked and transported to the construction site for the first time, the stones need to be covered to prevent rainwater infiltration and pollution.
3. Stone storage
Storage method of stone: whether it is a large plate or finished product, it should be stored indoors in principle. If the plate is placed outdoors, it is best to be placed in a place with shelter, really not, with shading waterproof cloth to cover can also be. When the large plates are stacked vertically, the smooth surface should be opposite, the inclination should not be greater than 15 ° and the stack height should be 1.6m. The bottom and interlayer must be supported with nonpolluting elastic materials.
When storing the finished boards in boxes, try not to stack them. According to the layout, the diagram confirmed in the earlier stage, store the materials in a complete area or space together. If the project site does not meet the needs of plate installation, it is better to put the finished stone in the factory. Of course, this time can not be too long!
Usually, you see the beautiful stone is a combination of many processes. Every process of stone is very important, so when we face this tedious work, we must attach great importance to it, to ensure the smooth completion of the project. Well, today’s article is written here. I believe you have more good suggestions on this. I look forward to your email at email@example.com.