The water-retaining strip refers to the area where the water used to intercept the shower under the bathroom shower overflows the shower, which is mainly convenient for cleaning the toilet floor. The water-blocking strip can block the water left during a shower, prevent the ground from being soaked, and keep the home dry. In this article, we will briefly introduce the matter of stone water retaining strips.
● Types of bathroom water retaining strip
Generally, it mainly includes: Marble water retaining strip, granite water retaining strip, and plastic water retaining strip.
Water retaining strips of different materials have different advantages. The water-retaining strips of natural stone have high texture, beautiful and atmospheric, so they are loved by decoration owners.
● What kind of bathroom water bar should I choose?
The waterproof of the shower room is very important. To achieve a better waterproof effect, many shower rooms have water retaining strips made of granite or marble. The performance of each material is different, and the effect is relatively different. Its service performance and service life are different.
There are many types of water-retaining strips, which are generally divided into fan type, round type, diamond-type, question mark type, square type, and I-type. This can also be selected according to personal preference. However, once the model is selected, in addition, the side of the sliding groove plate and guide groove plate close to the water retaining strip should also change with its model, to be beautiful enough.
● Dimensions and specifications of bathroom water retaining strip
The width of the water-retaining strip of natural stone generally has three dimensions: 3cm, 5cm, and 6cm, generally 5cm; Height generally has two dimensions, 1 cm, and 1.8 cm, generally 1.8 cm. The size of the water-retaining strip of the shower room on the field is generally 40mm to 50mm high, and the thickness is almost 30mm to 40mm. The size of the water-retaining strip of the better shower room is generally 60mm wide and 40mm high, which is determined according to the size of the bathroom shower room.
The size of the water-retaining strip in the shower room also includes the layout of the toilet. First, we need to consider the size of the shower room, faucet, nozzle, shower, circuit, telephone line, etc. The main factor affecting the size of the water-retaining strip is the size of the shower room. Due to the emergence of non-standard shower rooms, the sizes of shower rooms are different. The drawings must be designed before installation. Calculate the size of the water-retaining strip of the shower room according to the actual situation.
● Precautions for purchase of bathroom water retaining strip
1. See the density and whether there are obvious bubbles.
2. See whether the section effect is light and thin, with obvious trachoma
3. Look at the positive effect, whether there is luster and whether it is dull. Generally, a good waterproof strip has a good luster.
● Installation method of bathroom water retaining strip
1. When paving the ground, leave a groove. After the cement mortar has been paved, but the marble water retaining strip.
2. Build the shape of the water-retaining strip, and then lay floor tiles or marble sheets.
3. Installation requirements
When paving the ground, embed the water retaining strip in the floor tile. For the water retaining strip for the supporting shower curtain, the installation height shall be measured during installation to make the shower curtain sag naturally and fall into the water retaining strip for about three centimeters, which is a good installation effect, and the water will not splash at all after installation.
● Precautions for installation of bathroom water retaining strip
1. When the overall shower room needs water and electricity, the shower room shall be set, and the size, faucet, nozzle, shower, circuit, telephone line, etc. shall be reserved first. It is necessary to carefully ask the manufacturer for precautions before installing the device.
2. The water-retaining strip of a simple shower room can be buried before paving the ground, and the size, faucet, nozzle, shower, circuit, etc. shall be reserved first. In this way, the water will not seep out after a long time, but the disadvantage is that it is difficult to repair and replace. It can also be sealed with glue without being buried. It is the same as blocking water. However, it may not be sealed after aging, resulting in water seepage.
The function of the water-retaining strip is obvious, so if you want to install a water-retaining strip in the bathroom, I suggest you can try to use natural marble, which will bring you unexpected results. Well, this article is written here. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.