Marble has been widely used in decoration since ancient times because of its beautiful color, unique luster, beautiful patterns without repetition, and stable physical and chemical properties. With the steady improvement of China’s economic strength, the public’s requirements for work and living environments are also getting higher and higher. The use of marble has moved from the original luxury public buildings to the homes of ordinary people. This article will introduce the matters needing attention in the processing and installation of snow-white marble.
Snow white is originally produced in the Karala mining area in north central Italy, and only the marble mined here can be called Snow white in the world, due to the limitation of production and origin. The texture color of snowflake white is mostly black or gray, and a small part is black with green or yellowish brown. The texture runs through the marble slab and is irregularly distributed.
Snow white marble has a soft texture and is easy to break at the texture. Snow white is a high-end marble product due to its high price due to the limitation of production and origin. It is generally used in the lobby, banquet hall, and other important places. Due to the different quality of snow white stone, the decorative effect of its final molding varies greatly, and the price ranges from hundreds to thousands.
Therefore, it is very important to know the classification method of snowflake white to buy authentic materials and ensure the quality of the project. In general, the price of Snow White is mainly determined by the following factors:
1. The whiter the background, the higher the price; (The primary pricing factor of snowflake white) 2. The more distinct the primary and secondary texture, the less fine texture, and the more uniform the primary texture, the higher the price; 3. The price without macula and the gray spot are higher; The fewer the cracks, the less obvious the price is; 4. The price of boards without shade is higher.
Generally, Snow White has the following names in the stone market according to its quality:
1. The stone with a gray background and fine grain is generally called Carrara white or Carrara white. This kind of stone is cheap and widely used;
2. Those with gray-black backgrounds and many reticular patterns are generally called big white or medium white. The price of the such stone is also low;
3. Those with white backgrounds and clear lines are generally called snowflake white. The stone with clear primary and secondary lines, less fine lines, obvious main lines, and even width is generally called super snow white. The price of this kind of stone is generally above 4000 yuan/m2. Therefore, it is rarely used in large areas in general projects and is generally only used as a local finishing touch in important spaces such as lobbies and banquet halls.
4. The snow white with a light texture and a little yellow or green is generally called fish belly white or karaka white (see the attached figure for details). This kind of stone is also the same as the super snow white, which belongs to the superior variety of snow white, and the price is higher;
After the snow white block is transported from the mine to the factory, it needs to go through the following steps: block screening → sawing large plates → gluing and polishing the back mesh → large plate screening → computer typesetting for texture effects → infrared bridge cutting machine processing specification plates → on-site typesetting confirmation → edging and polishing → six side protection → numbered packaging, etc
Other precautions during snowflake white processing
Water is used in all aspects of stone processing. In order to save costs and meet the relevant requirements of environmental protection laws and regulations, stone manufacturers generally use settled circulating water. The stone chemicals used in each link of stone processing will flow into the circulating water. These chemicals have no obvious effect on conventional black stone or beige stone. However, it is very likely to cause irreversible serious pollution to the calcareous stone, which is white and soft. Therefore, the water used in the processing of snowflake white must be tap water. Snowflake white stone is completely white and contains numerous fine crystal particles, and its surface gloss is extremely high.
In case of fracture, the traces of fracture can be seen in any repair at the construction site. If the wet pasting process is used for construction at the site, the flake white is very easy to re-alkali at the fracture. Therefore, the repair, polishing, and back mesh work should be carried out immediately after the snowflake white is cut into a large plate from the block to reduce the probability of the snowflake white breaking during processing and installation.
Snow white is soft and has a high probability of pollution after installation. Therefore, it must be protected in six aspects before leaving the factory. Elegant black meets pure white classic color matching to create a space of minimalism and fashion personality. The jade-like noble and pure snowflake white background wall is connected with the fine white ground. The artistic luster and the miraculous texture of nature release all the gorgeous and elegant flavor, presenting the Italian modern luxury and elegance.