With the development of architectural design, stone has long become one of the important raw materials in architecture, decoration, and other fields. The construction process of stone materials can be divided into four types: dry hanging, wet pasting, wet hanging, and dry pasting, but conventional process methods cannot fully meet the design requirements. The thickness of stone in many interior decoration parts is limited by space, such as the elevator door opening, which is difficult to meet the design requirements for the finished surface using the traditional dry hanging method. How can we better handle this situation? Let’s take a look at the following two new methods of wall stone craftsmanship in this article:
1、 Dry adhesion process of wall stone and steel plate
1) First, flatten the base layer and make a circular hole at the intersection of the four stone joints, then fill the structural adhesive into the circular hole.
2) Weld the anchor bolt steel plate as a whole, and then implant this structural member into the round hole to create a structural join with the wall.
3) Then clean the debris on the back of the stone and rust spots on the steel plate that are pasted onto the steel plate. Use a special dry adhesive to directly stick the stone to the steel plate and temporarily fix it with marble adhesive. Note: The cleaning work in this step is very important, and is related to the overall construction quality. Improper handling of stones can easily cause them to fall off.
4) The steel plate has a circular hole drilled at the position where the stone is pasted, which is filled with dry adhesive to enhance the shear force between the dry adhesive and the steel plate.
5) The steel plate and anchor bolt are connected by welding, and the anchor bolt is firmly fixed with the structural adhesive inside the wall. Its own thread enhances the gripping force between the structural adhesive, and the setting of the barb enhances the fixation between the wall to prevent the anchor bolt from being pulled out of the wall.
① The new technology can be used for indoor decoration spaces with a height of no more than 5m. The design of the anchor bolt structure has been studied and tested, and it can be used for concrete walls, hollow bricks, concrete blocks, and other walls.
② Because the process occupies less indoor space, it has a wider range of use than ordinary stone dry hanging.
2、 Dry hanging process of wall stone anchor bolts
At present, both indoor and outdoor stone drywall structures generally use horizontal and vertical keels with corner codes, especially the grooving on the back of the stone and the use of adhesive bonding for corner codes, which poses significant safety risks both indoors and outdoors. Dry hanging grooves on the back of the stone, rust on the corner codes, and easy aging of the adhesive can all cause the stone to fall off. In addition, the cost of horizontal and vertical keel materials has greatly increased.
The installation process of the eight-shaped combination pendant is simple, and it can fix the stone in six directions: up, down, left, right, front, and back, so it plays a good role in the safe fixation of the stone. Moreover, the octagonal combination pendant has the characteristic of good adjustability in six directions, playing a key role in adjusting the displacement of stone installation.
1) Firstly, flatten the base layer.
2) According to the stone layout diagram, set out lines on the wall and insert anchor bolts and pendants at the joints of each stone.
3) Make small grooves on the back of the stone and install the stone through dry hanging.
The use of dry hanging components is limited, the thickness of the base layer is controlled, and the thickness of the finished surface is sufficient to meet the design requirements in most cases. And the use of fewer dry-hanging components greatly simplifies construction, reducing both labor and time costs. Overall, construction convenience increases, and construction costs decrease.
Advantages of new stone technology
Compared to conventional craftsmanship, the new craftsmanship of wall stone has four advantages:
(1) Save horizontal and vertical keel steel, reduce construction techniques, and reduce costs;
(2) There is no welding process on-site to reduce safety hazards;
(3) The thickness of stone can be thinner to control costs;
(4) The installation space of stone materials is reduced, and the effective indoor space becomes larger.
Of course, because this process is a new type of technology that has been gradually promoted in recent years, during the execution process, due to the level of skilled workers and other environmental factors, the effect may not be as ideal as traditional methods in mainstream design projects. Therefore, it cannot temporarily replace the traditional stone node method.