The appearance of marble is beautiful and easy to clean, so it is now widely used in hotel decoration. But what is the maintenance method of Hotel Marble? This is a problem that many investors are more concerned about. However, during maintenance, cleaning is also very important. Therefore, we should know more about the method of marble cleaning. Many friends reported that they often go in and out of public places or many places decorated with marble. The marble surface is dull and dull, and there are scratches, holes, and cracks in some places.
1、 How are these phenomena caused?
1. Due to the progress of stone grinding and polishing technology, the surface of commercially available natural marble is very dense, and the gloss after polishing can achieve the effect of a mirror. Therefore, consumers usually think that marble, like bright metal or glass materials, has the characteristics of hard and airtight.
Natural marble is a kind of microporous material, and its surface is easy to damage its beauty due to inhalation of foreign pollution. In other words, natural marble, like natural wood, is a breathing material. Its microstructure has porous characteristics, so it is easy to absorb the pollution invaded by water dissolution of oil dissolution.
2. In addition, although the polished marble is hard, the marble floor in public places or at home will inevitably be worn because the hardness of the sand constantly brought in by the outside world is higher than that of the marble surface after a period of use. At the same time, due to the lack of scientific understanding and protection of marble, the ground was not protected when dragging hard objects and sharp tools on the ground, resulting in some scratches on the ground.
3. The correct concept of stone maintenance is not established. I suggest that in the maintenance of ground marble, a mop with water is used to mop the ground frequently. Part of the sewage will penetrate the interior of the stone along with the micropores of the marble, which will pollute the marble surface. What is more serious is that the water vapor will cause gradual hydrolysis damage to the marble along with the evaporation process. In addition, the tension damage caused by the sun exposure, floor heating, and dry wet cycle of some marble will cause the internal stress of the stone to be uneven, resulting in decomposition, burst, peeling, weathering, and other phenomena.
2、 How to maintain the marble floor in use so that it can be often used and new?
1. From the perspective of users:
Since marble is a multi microporous material, which is easy to absorb dirt and water, in our daily life, we should first establish a cleaning and wiping method of using less water or not using water as much as possible, and try to avoid the spilling and infiltration of various oil stains; When there are hard objects or sharp objects to drag, please use a cart or pad soft cotton cloth, paper shell, etc. under the objects. To avoid the walking friction of external wind and sand on marble, choose a dust pusher or vacuum cleaner to often push dust and clean the walking area, to effectively avoid minor scratches.
2. From a professional perspective:
To strengthen the hardness, density, wear-resistance, and antifouling of surface stone: strengthen the hardness of stone surface through chemical materials.
3. From the perspective of economic applicability:
A. Waxing maintenance: it belongs to the process 15 years ago. Now it is eliminated, because the wax water is easy to be hydrolyzed and polluted and will cover the gloss of the marble itself, and the hardness of the wax itself is softer. In addition, the high cost of waxing, cleaning, and re-waxing in the later stage makes this kind of maintenance method almost withdraw from the stage of professional stone maintenance.
B. Reconstituted crystal surface: This is the most widely used marble maintenance method in China. Its basic principle is: put some chemical materials under the mirror maintenance machine with a weight of more than 65 kg, rub the heat formed by the polishing pad driven by the rotation of the machine against the ground, and produce chemical combination and microrheological reflection with the surface structure and tissue of marble, Through the dual function of grinding and filling, a harder and brighter blend crystal layer can be reformed on the surface of the marble. This crystal layer can improve the strength and wear resistance of marble, and part of the aging layer can be stripped and reconstructed. This is why the reconstruction of stone crystal surface can continue to be used so far, Still favored by users at home and abroad.
Moreover, in the process of crystal surface reconstruction, there is no need to close the field and go as you go, and the economic performance of materials, cost, and labor belong to the most economical type in various maintenance methods. The material states of crystal face reconstruction include solid, powder, water, paste, paste, and so on, but they all belong to the category of crystallization.
C. Paste curing: Based on the above crystal surface process, some manufacturers at home and abroad have designed the crystalline material of nano molecule + water-soluble resin and silicon molecule combined paste. We can continue to call it paste curing. The principle is to rub this paste material on the surface of marble or polishing pad, and generate heat through the weight of a low-speed polishing machine and grinding, Nano molecules, silicon molecules, and resin components are gradually rubbed into the stone molecular holes and solidified to the surface to form a harder solidified layer, to improve the surface brightness, wear-resistance and antifouling of marble
D. Liquid curing agent: this kind of maintenance method is suitable for penetrating the stone during the renovation and repair of marble and strengthening the loose marble. Therefore, the maintenance of crystal surface alone cannot be used independently. It can be completed only after grinding – curing agent penetration hardening – grinding – fine grinding – polishing – crystal surface reconstruction.
Well, this article will be written here first. There will be more articles on stone conservation in the future.